Sunday, July 3, 2016

Unpacking done! Starting with Coroutines


It took a bit longer than anticipated, but the additional unpacking generalizations are finally completed.

Another good thing: I am now finally ready to work full time and make up for the time I lost, as I don't have to invest time into studying anymore.

The unpackings are done slightly different than in cpython, because in PyPy I get objects with a different structure for the maps. So I had to filter them for the keys and values and do a manual type check if it really is a dict. For the map unpack with call I had to implement the intersection check. For that I just check if a key is already stored in the dict that gets returned.

Now it's time to implement coroutines with async and await syntax. There is still a problem with the translation of PyPy, which is connected to the missing coroutines syntax feature. I will need to get this working as well, starting with implementing async in the parser.

1 comment: